[AZ-Observing] Re: Last Night School Party

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:32:04 -0700

It was a great night and the teachers, kids, and parents were pleasantly
surprised at all the telescopes that appeared and were soon set up in their
midst. Venus was indeed a hit, at crescent phase, and seeing the comet was a
special treat for many having their first look thru a telescope. Thanks to
Jeff and John, and Jennifer Keller, Tom Polakis, Joe Goss, his 20mW green
laser, and even Dr. Chuck Schroll who brought his 70mm Pronto up from
Tucson, having heard about the Star Party on az-observing. I think we made
some "new" amateur astronomers, and had even more fun in the process than
they did!

Jack Jones
Public Events
Saguaro Astronomy Club