[AZ-Observing] Re: LCROSS and Cabeus

  • From: "Randy Peterson" <rgpeterson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:07:41 -0700

Gene Lucas and I are both using our 10" SCT's to video the event, with
digitally inserted time, accurate to better than .001 second (GPS accuracy),
recorded onto a 4-head VCR through a low-light surveillance camera.  Gene is
going to use an UV-pass filter on his scope.  I'm using a barlow lens on my
scope.  Our setups use the same camera that is used to record down to 12th
magnitude stars through my 10" in search of asteroid occultations.  We set
the tracking to Lunar rate.

In addition, we are also employing the observatory 16" SCT that will be
recording the event with no filter and no barlow, but with the same type of
camera and recording methods.

Thanks for the great link!  Hope everyone who tries this event is
successful!

Randy Peterson