[AZ-Observing] LBT Tour Photos

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:58:09 -0700

On October 11th I had the privilege of getting a tour of the LBT by my friend
James Howard who is an engineer working on the project.  I have an appreciation
for telescope gear and enjoyed seeing the details that are going in to making
this gigantic project work.  The wind was gusting at up to 95 mph outside and
that made getting out of the car and into the building interesting.  I was
impressed by many things;  the sheer size of the project, how they designed the
scope to make room to bolt on many large instruments, the innovative
enginneering, and the fact it was all up on that remote mountain top.

LBT Tour October 11, 2008

Jon Christensen