[AZ-Observing] Re: Jupiter and Mercury Conjunction In West

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 05:18:20 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

Missed it last night, but caught the pairing tonight at about 7pm local time.
Both were nicely situated just above some yuccas (or are they agaves?) in a
beautiful binocular field about two degrees from each other (less than two
fingers at arm's length). Anyway, I was able to catch Mercury in my 13-in
scope. It was fuzzy, but appeared to be slightly gibbous. Jupiter was hiding in
the bushes by that time.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)