[AZ-Observing] Jupiter Shadow transits....

  • From: Thad Robosson <guitarfixer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:22:44 -0700

Hey All,

Well, this is one thing that I found the reserves to roll back the roof for.
Got out plenty early, and got to witness the ingress of the 3rd shadow.
Seeing was just so-so, a 5 with moments of clarity.  After getting a
feel for how everything was positioned, the 3 dimensional effect was
amazing!  I have to wonder how many Jupiterian virgins and cattle
were sacrificed to appease the angry gods that took away their sun.....
:-)

Back to bed, lotsa stuff to do tomorrow...
Thad