[AZ-Observing] Re: Jovian Multiple Shadow Transit

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:44:48 -0700

It is relatively simple, none of the steps were very difficult at all.
It is just that each step had to be repeated 42 times making the amount
of work quickly fill hours.  One of the biggest issues was rotation as I
was using an alt-az mount, so each frame had to be de-rotated by hand,
very tedious.  I am seriously considering a wedge at this point!

I was worried about creating the final animated GIF, but Dean Salman
pointed out to me that ImageReady (the companion program to Photoshop
CS) makes this easy, just import a whole directory as frames and save as
an animated GIF.

Andrew

AJ Crayon wrote:

> Andrew, I've saved you animations as they are so unique.  Looks simple
> but, although I don't do that kind of stuff, I know it is time consuming.
>
> Thanks for sharing with us,
> aj
>
> Andrew Cooper wrote:
>
> >After processing 42 separate AVI's, registering them, de-rotaing each
> >frame manually, and compiling into an animation I have realized
> >animations are a lot of work!  But it is finished!
> >
> >http://www.siowl.com/photos/Jove20040327.gif
> >
> >The result has issues, registration could be better and you can observe
> >how the seeing degraded as the event progressed.  But I thought I would
> >share it anyway.
> >
> >Andrew

Andrew Cooper
Tucson, AZ