[AZ-Observing] Re: Jovian Multiple Shadow Transit

  • From: Andrew Cooper <siowl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:05:54 -0500

Isn't nature cruel?  For the last Jovian triple shadow transit I was all ready
to show an astronomy class at Pima the event and we got completely clouded out.
 The class was taught by Bob Gent, current president of the AL.

This time at least I saw it, but the seeing falls apart just as things get
going.  The first frame of the animation is beautiful, now why couldn't it stay
that way?  At least we had great seeing for the thousand or so lucky people
down at T4T for high power planetary views.

Andrew