[AZ-Observing] Re: Jovian Multiple Shadow Transit

  • From: George Barber <gbarber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:25:54 -0700

To quote myself directly:  "Sweet...cool...awesome!"

Pretty neat trick, dude.

I was shocked when I finally made it home from T for T, opened the
observatory, fired up the scope, and took a look at Jupiter.  What was
beautiful seeing in town had degraded to mushy, wavy, and downright crap.
As we watched, it did get only a little better.  Still, we did pick up on
the 3 shadows and one of the moons in front of the planet.

It looks like your seeing left something to be desired, too.  What do you
suppose could account for the degredation?

George