[AZ-Observing] Re: Jon Christensen Image In Professional Journal

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:49:09 -0700

Thanks for this, Tom.  I'll never look at M42 the same again.  While much of
the math is a bit beyond my immediate grasp, the description answers a question
that I've had for quite a while - how do we differentiate between objects and
the stars between us and them?  I wonder if the graphic whizzes at NASA will
produce a new 3D model for the area in light of these findings.

Tim