[AZ-Observing] Re: Joe Orman Moment Alert!

  • From: "Wes Edens" <EDENSW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:10:21 -0700

I took my son to a presentation by Tony LaConte, who talked quite a bit =
about the occultation, and showed a photo he had taken last time.  He =
pointed out that the International Space Station will make a bright pass =
over the Phoenix area just before the occultation.  Here's the sighting =
info from NASA:

ISS Mon Sep 10  04:51 AM  Duration: 1 minute.  Max. Elevation: 52  =
Approach:  48 deg. above WNW   Departure: 35 deg above NNE=20

>>> kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/07/01 01:02PM >>>

To everyone (and Telrad)!

A little reminder of another "Joe Orman Moment"

Get up early and point your scope at the Moon early Monday morning.

"September 10 (morning): Occultation of Saturn by last-quarter moon, very
high in sky (disappears before sunrise 5:01am, reappears in daylight
6:29am)."=20

JTP

P.S. Check out Joe's site:
http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeGallery.html=20
<http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeGallery.html>  for some really =
great
"Landscape Astrophotography" and a copy of his Sky Events Calendar.
removed from this list, send E-mail to: AZ-Observing-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,=

=20