[AZ-Observing] Re: Jim Stevens

  • From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:41:24 -0700

Jim Stevens is still alive and active in retirement, up in the Verde
Valley. He attends star parties up there.
J.D. Maddy sees him from time to time.
Jim is not real active on the internet, however...
He usually attends the annual RTMC conference held in Big Bear Lake,
California.
Here here some mentions of JIm and his telescope, and the Hale-Bopp Comet:
http://www.astroverde.org/comets.htm
2011 Messier Marathon:
http://messier.seds.org/xtra/marathon/verde11.txt

Dr. Tom Bopp is active in the west valley, in Phoenix, where he has a
consulting/lecture business.

Gene Lucas
Fountain Hills