[AZ-Observing] Jan 2013 EVAC Special Meeting and Presentation - Invitation to SAC Members

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 13:01:19 -0700

The January EVAC meeting (Jan 18th, 2013) will host a very special speaker.
Dr. Michael Barratt, MD MS, and NASA Astronaut. Dr. Barratt has been to the
ISS twice. First in 2009, traveling aboard a Russian Soyuz for a 199 day
mission, and then again in 2011, traveling aboard the final flight of the
shuttle Discovery. Dr. Barratt has some fantastic images, videos, and
stories to share with us. I was privileged to hear his presentation this
last summer up at the Oregon Star Party.

We will have a seating problem. Lots of people want to come. Attendance at
this meeting will be by reservation (by email). EVAC has allocated 50 seats
for members of SAC. Reservations are being accepted on a first-come,
first-served basis. If you would like to attend, you may request a
reservation by sending me an email, indicating that you are requesting a SAC
seat, giving your name, and the number of seats you are requesting. You will
be notified by return email if your reservation can be confirmed. Several of
the SAC seats were reserved at the SAC meeting last night, but there are
many seats still available.

If seats are still available after Jan 2nd, I will make a general
announcement on this list for others that may be interested in attending. If
you are a non-SAC member, and would like to be put on a waiting list,
pending January 2nd, you may send me an email indicating that request.

Please send reservation requests to:      President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David M. Douglass, President
East Valley Astronomy Club (EVAC)
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)