[AZ-Observing] Re: Jan 2013 EVAC Special Meeting and Presentation - Invitatio...

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:25:16 -0500 (EST)

I request a Res for the Jan 18th Meeting of EVAC just one seat for me from
SAC

Dwight L Bogan

In a message dated 12/1/2012 1:01:39 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  January EVAC meeting (Jan 18th, 2013) will host a very special speaker.
Dr.  Michael Barratt, MD MS, and NASA Astronaut. Dr. Barratt has been to the
ISS  twice. First in 2009, traveling aboard a Russian Soyuz for a 199  day
mission, and then again in 2011, traveling aboard the final flight of  the
shuttle Discovery. Dr. Barratt has some fantastic images, videos,  and
stories to share with us. I was privileged to hear his presentation  this
last summer up at the Oregon Star Party.

We will have a seating  problem. Lots of people want to come. Attendance at
this meeting will be by  reservation (by email). EVAC has allocated 50 seats
for members of SAC.  Reservations are being accepted on a first-come,
first-served basis. If you  would like to attend, you may request a
reservation by sending me an email,  indicating that you are requesting a
SAC
seat, giving your name, and the  number of seats you are requesting. You
will
be notified by return email if  your reservation can be confirmed. Several
of
the SAC seats were reserved  at the SAC meeting last night, but there are
many seats still  available.

If seats are still available after Jan 2nd, I will make a  general
announcement on this list for others that may be interested in  attending.
If
you are a non-SAC member, and would like to be put on a  waiting list,
pending January 2nd, you may send me an email indicating that  request.

Please send reservation requests to:       President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David M. Douglass, President
East Valley  Astronomy Club (EVAC)
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (secondary)