[AZ-Observing] Is anybody traveling to Venezuela for the Eclipse?

  • From: "Keller, Jennifer T." <kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ-Observing (E-mail)" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:52:17 -0800

Hi,
Maybe some of you remember Janne from the Leonids a few years back?  Anyway
he is travelling from Finland to Venezuela for this eclipse.  If you or
another amateur astronomer you know of are going there to view it, or if you
know some website of the astronomy club there or some website of eclipse
chasers can you let him know directly via his email in the cc.  Please email
him directly.  Here is a part of his msg:
Thanks!
Jennifer Polakis

My next big travel will be to Venezuela. I will fly there on 23rd
March and return back to Finland on 12th April. The annular eclipse
is on 8th April. I go there alone, first to Puerto Ayacucho to see
the jungle and the Orinico river, possible to learn how to trek there
in those wet conditions. I will also check the Merida environment
(mountains).

Now a question: Do you know anybody from your country who will also
go to Venezuela? Or tell me which would be a good web forum to start
asking it? Before the eclipse you better join some larger group to
ensure your possibilities to have up-to-date information and move
quickly to have clear skies.

Regards,
-Janne
janne.pyykko@xxxxxxxxxx