[AZ-Observing] Re: Io eclipses Europa at 9:41

  • From: Mark Wainright <mwainright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tom,

I would say I saw blobs in the minutes leading up to the occultation, but as
the occultation began the seeing improved.  During the occultation I could see
the elongated blob slim down to a single round disk.  Then the disk
re-elongated.  About 8 minutes after the occultation ended I could clearly see
separation and the moons were showing as disks most of the time.  I'm using a
4" Mak at 160x.  I'm over here in Chandler.

Mark