[AZ-Observing] Re: Instant criminals

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:48:13 -0700

Headline on the Drudge Report.....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050105/D87DMD880.html

If the lawyer were smart, she would provide evidence of a handheld
laser's weakness, and the difficulty in pointing it that accurately.
Not to
mention that at an altittude of 3000 ft, how much farther one would have to
be to actually get it into the windshield.  (4200 ft for a 45* angle)  I
really
hope that these laywers do their homework and get this guy off based on the
technical issues.  Then the precedent that these lasers are (somewhat)
harmless
would be set, and hopefully no more hard lessons learned by "average Joes".

But on the other hand....the pilots claim the laser came into the cockpit
3 times....you really have to try to achieve that.  In short, 3 times =
no accident.

DISCLAIMER....I have not spoketh of any political
affliction/affiliation/leanings.
Any conclusions that an individual may draw from the above statements
are purely
their own and indeed such conclusions are purely speculative. In such
circumstances,
please delete the message and forget it was ever written.