[AZ-Observing] Re: In Memory of Pierre Schwaar May 14, 1946-March 6, 2 000

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:00:54 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
It's hard to believe that Pierre has been gone 9 years and that I am now about
a year or two older than he was when he died... Thanks for the reminding us of
him, Jennifer!
Pierre was a really great guy, generous and innovative within his limited
financial means. I knew him when he lived in Tucson and working for LearJet in
the early 70's. When I moved to southern California I looked forward to seeing
him at the annual RTMC in Big Bear. Does anybody know whatever happened to his
good friend, Martin?
We think of Pierre whenever we see a thin crescent moon. My wife, Arlene, calls
it a "Pierre Moon" since he was always chasing the young moon and later on, I
understand, he chased the very old moon, too.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)