[AZ-Observing] Re: Images of Young Moon

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:55:05 -0700

Howdy all;

I traveled to the Dirt Blvd. site about 75 miles west of Phoenix, about =
12
miles SW of the Palo Verde power plant.  I did not take any photos, but =
the
thin Moon was easy in my 8X42 binoculars at 7:22 and I saw it naked eye =
at
7:38.  There was some low haze that made the background a medium
yellow-orange color.  It had been a while since I had chased such a thin
crescent, I had forgotten how fascinating that view can be.  I estimated =
the
crescent at 120 degrees in the Nexstar 11 with a 27mm eyepiece.  There =
were
several breaks in the crescent.

Lots of fun;
Steve Coe