[AZ-Observing] Images of Occultation of Venus

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 0:45:46 -0400

Here are some images of the beautimous Venus occultation that occurred this
morning.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/venusmoon0409

I used a 70-200mm lens with a 20D, and then attached the 20D to a TV101
refractor.  The Webcam was in the 10" at prime focus, and I recorded ingress,
but missed egress.

Thanks to Rick Tejera for the excellent description.  I don't have much more to
add.  All aspects of the event were pleasing views through the little Pronto,
and the naked eye view was great as well.

Post-processing the video, I see that the entire ingress took roughly 4800
frames, which would correspond to 80 seconds at 60 fps.

Tom