[AZ-Observing] Images from the red-hot desert

  • From: pulind@xxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:17:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
On Saturday it was a toasty 102 as we waited to observe another night at the
Antennas.  Several people had been there all week, and some left that morning
(wisely).  Lynn Blackburn, Al Steiwig, and I remained, with Al  being kind
enough to let us chill in his air conditioned toy hauler.  We watched old Dick
Cavet videos!  Later, as twilight began, several PAS folks arrived for one
night of observing.

I photographed 3 objects and added the images to my little collection for 2012.
 They are (1) NGC4565,  (2) M109 with Gamma Ursa Majoris, and (3) M85 with the
Siamese Twins.  The second two were done to show two prominant objects in one
field, which is 70 minutes wide.  The images are accessed by their thumbnails
at the following link.  The enlargement can then be changed:

http://www.pbase.com/paullind/2012

Paul Lind