[AZ-Observing] Re: Illuminated Billboards

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:47:36 -0700

I agree they would not be putting up new boards with constant
illumination. What my thought in the statement I made was that to
salvage the money they already have in the existing ones they would
change to a constant illumination, but maybe you also have a good point.
If the cost to run them is so high and rental charges do not cover it
then they would probably shut them down. Maybe they could get sufficient
rental charges if they changed the advertisement once each day, week,
month, or whatever. I wonder if they could legally get away with that.
It would be similar to what happens with existing non-self illuminated
signs.
Stan