[AZ-Observing] Re: ISS/STS-121 pass over Phoenix tonight just before 9pm

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:28:29 -0700

Hi Rick,

I'm still experimenting with the (now registered version) of Brent Boshart's
"Satellite Tracker" ($26 US) (He's in Canada). I have an account with
"Space-Tracker" so I could have access to all their TLE catalogs
(Registration is free but take a couple of days while they run a back ground
check on you). Tonight's pass is a little tight as I like to track a bird or
two before the main event because as you pointed out, you want the latest
timings as things drift a bit. By adjusting the timing (usually ahead by a
second or two) on a couple of "test" satellites, I have found most all
subsequent "tracks" fairly on the money. I will be doing a visual
observation so no pictures only a description of what I might see...

If you want to play with Brent's software you can download it for free with
20 "evaluation" uses... (www.heavenscape.com)

Jimmy Ray