[AZ-Observing] Re: ISS/STS-121 pass over Phoenix tonight just before 9pm

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:34:23 -0700

Jimmy,

You can get the most current orbital elements from Heavens-Above. They
update every three hours, I believe. Click on the link to the pass and from
the visibility details page, click the "orbit' Link near the top right. This
will display a plot of the orbit and will have the two line keplarian
elements below the maps. Also has the elements in a tabular for as well. You
should be able to copy & paste the TLE into whatever software you're using.
Do it around 1900 tomorrow and you'll have the most accurate elements.

I look forward to seeing your results

Rick Tejera
President
Editor SACnews