[AZ-Observing] Re: ISS Pass Tonight (Monday) Heads Up

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:57:08 -0700

Hi Jeff,
I took a break after about 5:30 pm, went out to the hardware store, and
got a paper, then came home and ate some din-din and read the paper,
forgot all about  the ISS pass (which I had read about on
az-observing).  Was gonna go out and peek at Encke in the west under
Venus, but took a nap instead.  It is probably too low for me here in
the foothills, anyways.  It looked like it would be clear tonite.

I just downloaded all the Appendix E stuff, will review that after a bit
and let you know of any issues.

I got through the main part of the text today, and started on the
Appendixes.  Will get some more time in on it tonight.  Will report in
again tomorrow.  I think I am making fair progress (considering that I
am reading it and editing as I go along.)  Not very much touch-up on the
text, just some minor things.  I am putting in a bit more effort on
Appendix A (the Mods section) as I had some ideas on that stuff, mainly
about the parts list and the suppliers, and as I think about it, a
little bit to add to the description of the filter wheel, and some other
bits.

The next big part will be all those formulas and the tables in the other
Appendixes.  But that will come along, I am used to fixing that kind of
stuff and it goes ok, just quite a bit of it....

More to this than I think you "engineers" realize, and you are too close
to it, having written all the material.....

Gene
(17250)