[AZ-Observing] ISS Pass Over Moon, Wed. April 1

  • From: "tpolakis@xxxxxxx" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:38:02 -0400

No foolin', there's going to be a very favorable ISS transit of the moon
Wednesday night that crosses much of the Valley.  Unlike the usual "blind"
passage of the silhouetted Space Station, this time it will be illuminated,
so we will be able to watch the approach.  Look to the northwest around
8:13 p.m.  At 8:15 and some change, the ISS will cross the moon's disc in
about a half second.

The centerline of the transit across the Valley crosses through the
following intersections, and the path width will be a couple miles.

35th Ave./Union Hills
Tatum/McDonald
Hayden/McDowell
Baseline/Stapley
Greenfield/Ray

The Web site that predicts these things is CalSky.

http://www.calsky.com

It's going to look like this, so I might as well milk this image one more
time.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/95661776

Tom