[AZ-Observing] IC 447 - reflection nebula in the constellation Monoceros

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:24:01 -0700

Hi,

Here is IC 447, a nice reflection nebula in the constellation of Monoceros.
I took this over the Christmas break and just go around to processing it. In
addition to IC 447 you can also see IC 446, NGC 2245 and 2247, and LDN 1605,
1606, and 1607. I believe the red nebulosity in the lower left is the
western part of NGC 2264. I also think is looks vaguely like M78 with its
mixture of reflection, dark, and emission nebulas.

Comments and suggestion welcomed.

 <http://www.azstarman.net/IC447.htm> http://www.azstarman.net/IC447.htm

Bernard