[AZ-Observing] Re: IC 342

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:19:55 -0700

Bill, et al;

I have only observed IC 342 one time.  This observation is
with my old 17.5 inch f/4.5 Dobsonian.  Because I mentioned
that it was from a light polluted site, it is probably from the old
SAC club site at Fessler's Ranch, which is now a large housing
project north of Phoenix called Anthem.

IC 342  Pretty faint, very large, round and much brighter in
the middle at 100X.  This low surface brightness galaxy was
difficult to find from a light polluted site.

Sounds like you had fun;
Steve Coe

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx
Author:  Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist