[AZ-Observing] Re: I think I've got it now, test

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:22:14 -0700

Steve,
Message received, however I'm seeing a lot of extraneous characters.
You might want to check that your email client isn't sending rich text
or anything other than flat ASCII.

The C9 1/4 (as Celestron so awkwardly designated that telescope) has a
reputation for being one of the best SCTs, most likely due to the longer
focal length of the primary combined with a secondary mirror of lower
magnification. I bought one about eight years ago, and it is my primary
dark sky instrument. I also have a C11, and aside from the fact that
it's just too large to transport easily, it just doesn't provide the
same image quality as the slightly smaller model.

There is some clear sky in the forecast for the valley. Perhaps you'll
get a good night this lunation.

-- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx