[AZ-Observing] Re: Howwuzit at Cherry Rd?

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:56:26 EDT

Thad,
You didn't miss much. Some high clouds blew in just at sunset from the north
and tokk thier time before dissapating in the SW. The seeing was terrible
maybe a 4 at best. We watched the transit shadow of Ganymede with difficulty.
Occasionaly you could see a little black dot on the disk, but mostly not. The
sky
also seemed brighter than usual from Cherry Rd. Probably particulates in the
air. I packed it in around 0100 and got a good nights sleep before heading home
in the am.

Better luck next weekend.
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews