[AZ-Observing] Re: How many clear nights?

  • From: Tom Polakis <polakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:47:10 -0700

Brian Skiff wrote:

>With consecutive clear night number 14 underway in Flagstaff,
>and several more doubtless still to come, I'm wondering if folks want
>to have a casual bet on when the last clear night will be...

I'll bet a six-pack of Arrogant Bastard Ale that the first 'partial' night
occurs on June 25 +/- one day.

By the way, this morning the north half of the sky sky over Phoenix had an
almost imperceptibly thin layer of something over it.  I could only see it
with polarizing sunglasses rotated 90 degrees (try that while you're
driving).  Try as I might, I couldn't tell if it was altocumulus or smoke.
The relative humidity was 3% and Phoenix was black in the water vapor
image, so I'm guessing smoke.

Tom

---

Tom Polakis