[AZ-Observing] How many Asteroids?

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:26:41 -0700

All,
Lindsay's Science curriculum this year has an astronomy unit that will focus
on the Solar System. I've offered to do a presentation for the class when
they get to that unit. My working title is "Not Your Dad's Solar System".
The theme will be the advances in what we know about the solar system now
compared to when I was in 7th grade (1972, yeah, I'm old). One of the
comparisons is the growth in how many asteroids there are now vs. how many
were know back then. Any ideas where I can dig this up?

Thanks
Clear Skies

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews,