[AZ-Observing] Re: Herschel 400 Awards in Arizona

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:58:12 -0700

Silvio;

I can speak about doing a Messier Marathon with binoculars, I have on my wall a
certificate for doing 82 objects last year with my 8X42 binocs.  It was a lot
of fun and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  It would take a pair of binos with
higher power and more aperture to do the entire 110.  I will guess that M 76
and a few others would be tough with binoculars, but a good chart would let you
pinpoint their position.  Anyone do the entire list with 20X80s?

I also know that AJ has given out several certificates to GOTO telescope users,
the rules are that you must operate your own telescope so that it points to the
objects in the Messier list.  If you are getting help from machine intelligence
to do that, then so be it.

Clear Skies to us all;
Steve

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx