[AZ-Observing] Re: Help with trailed images

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:55:45 -0700

Steve,

You could be experiencing differential flexure. Since you have two telescopes,
they can move independently. Since we are talking microns here, it does not
take much wiggle in any of the connections to get flexure. It is the main
drawback of using a separate guide scope and is difficult, if not impossible to
completely remove. It is the main reason people use OAG. It removes flexure.

Thanks,

Bernard