[AZ-Observing] Re: Has anyone been to Eagle Eye recently???

  • From: jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:56:37 -0700

It's very much darker than Vekol and is among the best. It may be better
than Sentinel due to less dust. I've seen the Horsehead from both places
easily and also the gegenschein easily from there and KOFA which is way out.
I remember the talk about the bug problem and heard it was due to heavy
rains right before that time. This year's drought is not going to be good
for bugs or other living things.

Jack

> I observed from Eagle Eye last summer, I believe, and was attacked by a
> mass
> of insects.  However, I personally feel Eagle Eye is a darker site than
> Vekol, but slightly farther, and I am sure insects are not a problem this
> time of year.
>
> -FRANK

messages.  Thanks.