[AZ-Observing] Re: Happy Jack site

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:31:12 -0700 (MST)

>>  ...do some scouting when I know exactly where the Lowell site is located.

     The ClearSkyClock page has a link showing a patch of the 7.5-minute
topo map, which you can zoom in/out; the default cut-out shows the
settlement and some of the surroundings.

>>  I'm not sure what 0".84 seeing looks like...

     Consider that the Airy disc of a 6-inch aperture is 0".85.
So the usual thing with that aperture would be to see "no seeing" at the
Happy Jack site; presumably Pickering 10 on average for that aperture.
If you get some of that "first quartile" seeing, then you wouldn't
see any image motion with a diffraction-limited 10-inch telescope.

\Brian