[AZ-Observing] Re: Green Flash of Venus and Sirius

  • From: "Ketelsen, Dean A - (ketelsen)" <ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 02:45:30 +0000

Hi Tom-

Very nice!  I tried something similar to our Kitt Peak sunset alignment, noting
that the declination of Venus and the sun were similar at Christmas.  You might
not have seen my blog post, but shows Venus setting over the Observatory at 10
second intervals.  Unfortunately, I chose to expose long enough to show dome
details, so the colors are mostly lost in the quarter-second exposure w/the TEC
140.  Next time I'll try a setup with shorter exposures:
http://www.theketelsens.blogspot.com/2014/12/now-its-holiday.html

-Dean