[AZ-Observing] Re: Green Flash Musings...

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:23:10 -0700

It probably has to do with knowing precisely where the sun is setting (or
rising). To see a morning green flash, you'd have to be looking at PRECISELY
the point on the horizon where it will emerge.  It is much easier to watch
it fall below the horizon.

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, AZ

"Remember:  your mind works faster than you think."