[AZ-Observing] Re: Green Flash Musings...

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:19:52 -0700

I like that shot over Lake Michigan. I grew up on the Wisconsin side of
that lake (before I'd even heard of the GF), so that made me wonder if
there's any sunrise green flashes in the photographic record. Found this
on YT:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU16l-WSq_k
Why are there so many more photographic examples of sunset GFs? Could it
be the air is just layered better near sunset? Or more people are awake
then, compared to sunrise.  :)

Dan Heim