[AZ-Observing] Re: Green Flash Musings...

  • From: Skylook123@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:04:40 -0500 (EST)

Happy Holidays!

We've been to the restaurant, and several other locations in the area on
occasion, and never got a green flash.  However, we did see one during a
sunset on the Pacific Ocean when we lived on Kwajalein, a coral atoll in the
middle of the Pacific.  It seemed to happen when the atmospherics were just
right, with a low cloud deck above the horizon.  We never saw one with a
clear horizon.

Jim  O'Connor
South Rim Coordinator
Grand Canyon Star  Party
gcsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/31/2012 10:54:05 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
tedforte511@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Happy  New Year all.

I thought about posting this link myself!  I have  been to the Green Flash
restaurant and have seen the green flash from there  on two occasions. As it
happens, it's the only times I've ever seen  it.

Ted Forte