[AZ-Observing] Re: Great Weather Data

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:20:13 -0700

This summer I was looking for information about average highs and lows so I
could make more sense out of the seasonal temperatures here in the Phoenix
area and resorted to making this graph out of historical data I found on the
web:

http://www.christensenastroimages.com/weather.pdf

It was interesting to me that the shape of the graph is different depending
on whether you are in the first or second half of the year.  Also how long
the hot summer tempertatures persist before finally giving way to cooler
temperatures was striking to me.  Last, but not least, how flat the graph is
at the hottest part of the year, averaging 104 for a long time for the high
but busting up to 105 for a few days.

I don't remember where I got the data, but I know it was in a table by
month.  Maybe it was somewhere on this website:

http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=85014

Jon Christensen