[AZ-Observing] Great Eclipse iin Egypt

  • From: "pulind@xxxxxxxxx" <pulind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:33:51 -0400

We observed a fantastic eclipse Wednesday at Sallum, Egypt=2E I got some g=
ood
pictures with my 4-1/4 inch Newtonian, but haven't found an internet cafe
that will let me post to my web site, so I'll do that later=2E The ecliips=
site was on a large "rise" right on the Libyan border and near the
Mediterranean=2E  Gail and I were looking for Jeniffer Polakis but didn't =
see
her, probably because there were thousands of people from all around the
world at this site=2E  Believe it or not, it was cloudy all day Tuesday=2E=

Wednesday morning we had thick low haze, but it turned absolutely clear fo=
the eclipse=2E  Then the clouds moved back in on Thursday=2E  How's that f=
or
luck=3F

Paul