[AZ-Observing] Re: Grand Canyon Star Party - DAY SEVEN - The Good Time s Continue

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:26:12 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

Thanks, Steve. I hope you don't have any grand-daughters (smile!). I know Jim
is justifiably proud of them, as much so as I am of my daughter.

I think I've only been to the North Rim once, or maybe twice. I know that I
hiked up to it from the Bright Angel Trail when I was a student at NAU in the
late 70's. During that time I worked a summer at the Grand Canyon in the El
Tovar restaurant washing dishes. I did a lot of hiking inside the Canyon during
that time of my life, but I don't remember if we ever drove to the North Rim.
Like I said, it _was_ the 70's! I do remember the Bright Angel Creek being
choked with trout on their spawning run up the stream. It was amazing. I wonder
if it still happens...

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)