[AZ-Observing] Re: Grand Canyon Star Party - DAY SEVEN - The Good Time s Continue

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:21:55 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

Great daily reporting on the GCSP event on the South Rim, Jim. What happened on
the North Rim? It's been all quiet on the northern front for that part of the
event.

All of you would probably like to stay up in the moderate weather for another
week. It's been hotter than Heeter in and around the Old Pueblo area and only
promises to get worse according to the forecast...

The nights here have been pleasant: mild and clear with some good seeing.
Despite the presence of some smoke from the local fires, the SN in M51 stood
out wonderfully in my 25-inch last night, easily the brightest of the 3 (or 4,
depending on your aperture!) stars in a line across the face of the main
galaxy.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)