[AZ-Observing] Re: Good Sentinel this weekend

  • From: "Bob Erdmann" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:15:51 -0700

Steve,

> Well, folks;
>
> I found some old notes that gave a 1983 date for a trip that A.J. Crayon,
David Fredericksen and I made to find the spot at Sentinel which we have
been using for 20 years.  Honest, it doesn't seem that long ago.

Actually, it was you, AJ, Dave Fredrickson, and I who discovered Sentinel
that cloudy night when we got clouded out at the Buckeye Rec Area.  (I was
alone in my white Isuzu pickup truck following the rest of you). We first
tried north of I-8 at the Sentinel exit, but found too many houses with
outside porch lights.  We then tried South of I-8 and drove across the RR
tracks, and down to, got out of our vehicles and said "Wow!"  At least
that's what my notes from that evening show.  In any event, it was a pretty
good observing site for a number of years.

Glad the star party turned out so good!

/Bob