[AZ-Observing] Good News and Bad News at AAMM site

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:56:39 -0700

So, the good news is that in the face if the dust storm the lights of
Phoenix are virtually gone, the bad news is that there are only about 25
stars in the sky to observe.

The good news is that the wind has not blown over my scope, the bad news
is that I would not dare to try and observe in a wind storm.

Oh well, I still hold out hope for Friday and Saturday, please don't
send me information from the "weather guessers" they don't know any
better than anyone else.

Right now ( 9 PM on Wednesday) the wind is blowing about 15 miles per
hour and gusting to 25 or so.  The dust has blocked off all the lights
around the horizon and most of the stars.

I am going to return to my book and get a good night's sleep.  Ya'know I
will go to bed early, like midnight or so.

See ya;
Steve Coe