[AZ-Observing] Re: Going to Fred's Meadow for New Moon

  • From: "Joe Goss" <k7jrg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:36:54 -0700

See you Sunday afternoon

Joe Goss

-----Original Message-----
From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:45
To: az-observing@fre
Cc: Brent Archinal ; Brian Skiff ; Chris Schur ; Jane ; Jeremy Perez ; Joe
Hobart
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Going to Fred's Meadow for New Moon

Howdy all;

Well, after I pack up all the neat stuff I need to pack into the RV, I
will be moving the rig to 5 Mile Meadow for a week to 10 days, depending
on the weather, for this New Moon.  The good news is that it looks like
the sky will be clear at least for a while--we shall see.

I know that Sunday is Father's Day and that obligates many to a family get
together.  So, I think that there may be a few observers for before or
after the celebration.

As most of you know, there is no cell phone service at the meadow, so this
will be my last email for a while.  Directions below.

See ya;
Steve Coe

Directions to Fredericksen't Meadow:

Get to mile marker 301 on Lake Mary Road (FR 3).  Turn south were the
brown sign says "Bar D Ranch".  Travel 5 miles on the dirt road and there
will be a cross road, also dirt.  Do not turn.  About 200 yards past the
cross road is a rock marker and tire tracks to the left that will lead you
to the north side of a large meadow.  Set up your scope in the meadow and
then park your vehicle near the tree line.

-----
No virus found in this message.