[AZ-Observing] Re: Get togethers this weekend

  • From: <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:20:27 -0400

David,

I agree with Tim's assesment. The elevation is 4357' (ain;t GPS wonderful. I
find that looking south we're looking over the brightest part of Aurora
Phoneicia. I've worked Scorpius' Stinger & Corona Australius from there with no
difficulty.

There are a few hills to the west, but they of no real consequence. The trees
on the NE egde of the field can obstruct your view a bit but you can either
move further from the trees or wait till thing rise over them. I've often said
this is the best sight within an hours drive from Phoenix.

Rick