[AZ-Observing] Re: Geminid 'Shower'

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:07:25 -0800 (PST)

And here's the lone Geminid I captured on my photo session out at Picketpost
near Superior -- it just happened to go right behind the windmill:
  http://joeorman.shutterace.com/temp/061213_24.jpg
Fuji Sensia 400 slide film pushed one stop, OM-1 35mm camera on fixed tripod
with 40mm lens at f/2.8, 3 minute exposure starting at 10:30 p.m. MST.  Scanned
with Nikon Coolscan LS-2000, extreme cropping and Photoshop manipulation to
make the meteor more obvious.

--Joe

Jack Jones  wrote:
    I was able to capture a lone Geminid streaking past M 35 ...

http://joeorman.shutterace.com/temp/geminid3.jpg
Jack