[AZ-Observing] Geminid 'Shower'

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing List" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:48:23 -0700

I was able to capture a lone Geminid streaking past M 35 at the peak of the
'shower' at 1:45 am on Dec 14, my first photo of a meteor. Castor and Pollux
are at left. Taken from my backyard in Phoenix near Happy Valley and 31st Ave.
I used a Canon 20D SLR at ASA3200, 25 second exposure at 34mm and f/5.6 on an
18-55mm zoom lens.

I took about 40 shots with the camera laid flat on its back on a lawn table. I
thank Joe Orman for letting me borrow a link to his website:

http://joeorman.shutterace.com/temp/geminid3.jpg

Jack