[AZ-Observing] Re: Geminid Movie

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:11:02 -0700

You are correct. I stayed up till almost 4 am, but activity seemed to
drop off after 3 am. Observing from New River, where my SQM was reading
20.6 at 3 am, I think I averaged 1.5/minute over four hours. I saw at
least 3 "doubles" and noted a few bursts, as you spoke of, where within
a single minute I saw at least 3, maybe 4. Not the best shower I've
seen, but enough activity to keep me awake. The brightest were maybe M 0
to -1, but there were only a few of those. Most were +1 to +3, very
fast, and left no trails. Thanks for the video!

Dan